• Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 51
S

superfuel

Tile adhesive just not setting

Hi all,

New to this forum and an amateur DIY'r.

Got a problem I'm hoping that someone can help me with as I'm pulling my hair out.

Moved into a new build house last April with a small bathroom (with no window and an extractor fan) and dodgy lino.

Decided to remove the lino and tile the floor instead. Pulled up the lino to find MDF (?) panels stapeled to the floor which had developed black mould from water leakig under (the seal was split around the bottom of the bath).

Ripped up the panels to expose a smooth green plasterboard below.

Anyway....bought some 33x33cm ceramic tiles from Homebase and cut to size to fill the whole area.

Then bought Evo-stik Tile-a-Floor Flexible Adhesive & Grout for Wooden Floors, amd Evo-stik Waterproof PVA as directed on the back of the Adhesive tub.

Brushed on the PVA as directed at 1PVA:4water and waited till dry. Then used a floor spreader to put the adhesive/grout down and twisted the tiles into place (I've read since that a lot of people don't recommended PVA)

That was on Saturday - trouble is it's just not setting. just lifted up a tile and although a cm of the grout around the edge of the tile had set, beneath the tile, it's exactly the same as when I put it down 4 days ago. I can't work out where I've gone wrong. :mad2:

Sorry for rambling but desperate for help as I've spent a fortune on everything so far and not sure what to do now.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Continue reading...

Back