Guest viewing is limited

Terracotta advice -best products to refresh tiles after previous seal with Bentens 500 Sealer - is there an alternative to the Bentens....

• Thread starter DIY Queen
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 49
D

DIY Queen

Terracotta advice -best products to refresh tiles after previous seal with Bentens 500 Sealer - is there an alternative to the Bentens....

Hi All

Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak....

wondering about modern maintenance product for my Elon Mexican Saltillo tiles..... These were laid in my kitchen years ago - sealed with Bentens 500 sealer and Bentens No Buff polish to maintain. They have been great. Must admit with a busy family over the years I have not been obsessed with revamping them every year as suggested...they look good (still a bit of shine) and haven't got lots of product buildup etc.

Several months have passed since leak and all dry now. Fortunately we have spare untreated tiles and a little Bentens Sealer in an old tin that I have thinned with white spirit and tried a test tile - seems ok. Also need to try and match grey grouting....

My questions are:
  • Will Lithofin TC Eversheen and Lithofin MN Easy Care be compatible with the Bentens Sealer? (not sure what's in this but I think it is oil based?). I'd like to refresh the existing tiles when I put in the new ones down to help them blend in more.
  • Is there a more compatible product? Bentens No Buff Polish is no longer available.
  • Is Ardex FL a good grout choice - to blend in with the grey...looking for more 'natural' colours. Or is there a better alternative?
Thank you so much in advance...have learnt lots already exploring on this great forum!

Continue reading...

Back