Guest viewing is limited

No off peak electricity

Landru511

Hi,

At my wits end here and in need of some advice please.

I am on Economy 7 and my hot water tank and storage heaters use the off peak supply, therefore I have two CU’s.

I changed my electricity supplier from Utilita to EDF in August and after switch over the smart aspect of the meter wasn’t working, i.e. the in home display unit reported all the wrong prices ect.

EDF told me to wait ten days and it would update. When it didn’t I contacted them again and this time I was told I needed a new meter and in home display to use the smart meter as a smart meter so fair enough I arranged for them to fit a new meter which they duly did.

This is when the major trouble started. From that day to this I have had no off peak electricity. No hot water (except on boost) and no heating and as we are now in September it’s getting colder. (I am disabled and have a chest complaint).

I am now on my third EDF meter and the engineer who came out today just said it hadn’t been commissioned. I won’t know if it will work tonight but am not holding my breath. Previous engineers have complained that the flag wires were the wrong way round and the tails are too short.

Has anyone got any ideas of what to do next if it doesn’t work tonight. I still don’t think it’s commissioned because the home display does not work at all now.

Thanks for reading.

Even if you had the necessary skills and knowledge, opening up the smart meter is a no-no. If your off-peak still doesn't work, I'd suggest writing a complaint to CEO Simone Rossi at [email protected]. Highlight that you're disabled and extremely concerned at your lack of heating and being unable to access off-peak electricity.
If you don't get a response, with all the latest heating allowance publicity, I'm sure your local BBC News would be interested in a story 😉

Back