• Thread starter Gemsplace
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 43
G

Gemsplace

cut ties with the contractor and now have a badly done, half finished bathroom

First time poster here.
For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really shoddy finish work. We’ve cut ties with the contractor and now have a badly done, half finished bathroom. The contractor set the shower/backsplash wall tile with liquid nails instead of the proper product, bizarre choice I know. And since trying to pry them up would ruin the tiles and destroy the waterproofing, we’re stuck with it as is. Now, we’re trying to decide on the best products to use to grout and finish the tile. We’ve done some basic tiling before, so we thought we’d just finish it out ourselves.
So here’s where I could use advice.
I was looking at using laticrete spectralock 1 grout with latisil silicone sealant for the corners, but I can’t find any information about the flexibility of spectralock 1 and am concerned about cracking with movement, I’d like to use laticrete if possible because mapei doesn’t make a green color that will match. I also wonder about whether the unfortunate choice to use liquid nails makes any difference in the products or techniques we should use. Any thoughts, product recs, or tips would be incredibly helpful!!
IMG_1689.jpeg
IMG_1691.jpeg

Continue reading...

Back