Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

This is the DIY Talk Forum

Vic

Staff member
Thanks for visiting the DIY Talk Forum for DIY Advice only. Please create a thread and ask all your DIY related questions in this forum.

If you have a DIY project that you are working on and have any questions then you can post them in here. If you want to talk about DIY you can do that too.

In the DIY Talk forum you can also ask for other members thoughts and comments on your issues and projects.

Last edited:
Hi all, I need advice on connecting two outside lights please?
I have mounted two external lights in our garden and ran a 3 core cable to the external black connection box (that was already there). All good so far!

Inside the black box are two grey 3 core cables (each contain 3 wires that have been blocked off by each wire having a wago attached - this was by previous owner).

So now the box has my black cable and two grey ones inside

Firstly, how should they be connected to each other

Secondly, inside the door is a double switch, one switches on/off the door internal light and the other we hope will switch the outside lights on/off.

Inside that switch are two grey cables that have two wires in each (red and black) and the back of the switch has L1/L2/LOOP and CON (I think it’s con)

Can send pics if better?

I have tried many combinations but no luck and I don’t want to play around with safety anymore as I’m aware some of my attempts trip the box etc! I always switch powers off and check with a tester before I do anything but now at the point of stopping as safety is key!

Any help would be so appreciated please

Back